12.6.11

Gardening Aussie style

































After a miserable wet weekend, I was searching for some sunshine, and I came across this Australian garden (and gardener) tonight. His garden looks amazing:


Mr Martin's got some strong and interesting views: appropriate but not-necessarily-native plants. Never mulch. Never water. Little maintainance.

Sounds good doesn't it. But it relies on using the toughest of plants.

I feel it's pretty useful reading considering the total lack of rain we've had this spring...

Thanks to James at View from Federal Twist whose excellent blog pointed me in that direction.

The poppy picture is totally irrelevant. It was a wild one growing out of the tarmac in the middle of our estate that I spotted on the way to work one morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment